Reinforcing the assertion that SDG16 underpins the entire 2030 Agenda and that SDG16 is linked with all other SDGs, CSCSD collaborates with other development actors and organizations in engaging on issues around Goal 16 of the SDGs which is to “promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.”
Our member organizations are poised to think globally but act locally especially on the need to have a more transparent and accountable government which is germane to ‘an honest and responsive government’ as one of the top priorities in the My World survey. Our overall objective is to support, contribute and strengthen the capacity of civil society and other SDGs stakeholders to work on issues of transparency, accountability, and participation in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and integration of 2063 Agenda with a particular focus on SDG 16 which underpins the entirety of the 17 SDGs.
The video below talks more about what we do around SDG16
We work on the following issues, among others:
- Building the capacity of our members on the issue of Freedom of Information Act 2011.
- Creating awareness on gender-based violence, torture of children and female genital mutilation, and against related death rates.
- Sensitization and capacity building on human trafficking and smuggling of persons.
- Campaigning against impunity and decrying shrinking civic space for civil society.
- Collaborating with anti-corruption agencies to campaign against corruption and bribery in both government and civil spaces.
- Engaging the state actors on transparency and accountability for good governance.
- Clamouring for all-inclusive non-discriminatory policy making at all levels for the benefit of the marginalised, the poor and the voiceless.
- Training of our members on the thrust of SDG16 on access to justice for all and promoting peaceful and inclusive Nigerian society.